Blissfully easy. You should utilize purple sprouting broccoli as a substitute of asparagus when it’s in season.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Prepare dinner time: 10 minutes
4 as a starter or mild meal
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus just a little extra for drizzling
- 80g ’nduja
- 1 small garlic clove, grated to a purée
- 200g asparagus
- 4 slices of sourdough
- 100g ricotta
- Warmth the oil in a frying pan and add the ’nduja. Maintain the warmth low and break the ’nduja down with the again of a picket spoon. It’s actually necessary that you just don’t burn it, simply permit it to slowly soften (there’ll nonetheless be some meaty lumps in it).
- Stir within the garlic. Steam or microwave the asparagus till it is just simply tender. Verify its doneness with the purpose of a pointy knife. Put the asparagus in a heat tea towel – this retains it heat and in addition absorbs the moisture – and toast the bread.
- Unfold the ricotta thickly on every slice of toast, and put the asparagus on prime (minimize the spears in half in the event that they’re too massive).
- Season. Gently reheat the ’nduja and spoon it over every toast.
- Drizzle with just a little extra-virgin olive oil, and serve instantly.