New Delhi: The Congress on Sunday noticed a day-long nationwide ‘Sankalp Satyagraha’ in help of social gathering chief Rahul Gandhi following his conviction in a defamation case and disqualification from the Lok Sabha.
The Congress and the Bharatiya Janata Celebration (BJP) locked horns as a number of leaders of the grand outdated social gathering took half within the day-long motion throughout the nation.
Listed below are the important thing developments:
- Congress chief Mallikarjun Kharge, common secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, senior leaders KC Venugopal, P Chidambaram and Salman Khurshid have been among the many Congress’ prime brass collaborating within the satyagraha at Rajghat in New Delhi. Jairam Ramesh, Mukul Wasnik, Pawan Kumar Bansal, Saktisinh Gohil, Jothimani, Pratibha Singh and Manish Chatrath have been additionally current on the protest web site.
- Addressing the ‘Sankalp Satyagraha’, Priyanka Gandhi lashed out at Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led Central authorities and stated the motion taken in opposition to her brother was a ploy to evade questions on industrialist Gautam Adani. “When boastful dictators are unable to reply the questions raised, they attempt to suppress those that ask the questions. This complete Cupboard, authorities and MPs are attempting to save lots of one particular person and are usually not holding an inquiry. Who is that this Adani in whose help everybody comes the second his title crops up,” she stated.
- Noting that lakhs of individuals joined Rahul Gandhi on his Bharat Jodo Yatra, Priyanka Gandhi stated, “When an individual who walks from Kanyakumari to Kashmir to unite the nation, can this particular person insult the nation?” “This nation’s prime minister is a coward. Take me to jail however the fact is that this nation’s prime minister is a coward. He’s hiding behind his energy and (he) is boastful. However this nation’s custom is that individuals reply to an boastful king. This nation recognises an boastful king. This nation is aware of the reality,” she added.
- All opposition events in Assam, besides the AIUDF, united on the ‘Sankalp Satyagraha’ in Guwahati. The AIUDF held a separate press convention the place it condemned the motion in opposition to Rahul Gandhi and termed it an “assault on democracy and the Structure”.
- Slamming the Congress over its nationwide motion, BJP stated the grand outdated social gathering was agitating in opposition to the nation’s Structure and the court docket verdict in opposition to Rahul Gandhi to justify his remarks in opposition to the complete backward neighborhood of the nation. “The Congress agitation is a brazen show of its vanity and indiscipline,” BJP spokesperson Sudhanshu Trivedi stated.
- Taking a dig on the Congress, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath stated those that weaken democracy can not observe “Satyagraha”. “Those that divide the nation on the traces of language and regionalism can not observe Satyagraha. No person has the appropriate to interact in Satyagraha who doesn’t have compassion for folks,” CM Adityanath stated in a press release.
- Taking a jibe on the Congress, BJP president JP Nadda stated ‘precise satyagraha’ was carried out by Mahatma Gandhi for ‘India’s identification’. “You (Rahul Gandhi) give casteist slurs to the backward communities by calling them thieves. Court docket has repeatedly requested you to apologise and your satisfaction is so excessive that you simply deny apologising,” Nadda stated.
- The Congress in Ahmedabad was pressured to name off its ‘Sankalp Satyagraha’ on the final minute as a consequence of lack of police permission. In response to Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee (GPCC) spokesperson Manish Doshi, the social gathering was given verbal permission to carry the protest at Lal Darwaza. However as sloganeering began 10 minutes earlier than the protest, the police declined the written permission submitted to them.