New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi is prone to inaugurate the brand new Parliament constructing, which is on the coronary heart of Lutyens in Delhi, by the tip of this month. The brand new Parliament constructing is a part of the redevelopment of Central Vista, the nation’s energy hall.
The constructing can be inaugurated across the time the Nationwide Democratic Alliance (NDA) will full 9 years in energy.
Revamping the three-km Rajpath from the Rashtrapati Bhavan to the India Gate, establishing a typical central secretariat, a brand new workplace and residence of the Prime Minister, and a brand new Vice-President enclave are additionally a part of the venture being executed by the CPWD, which comes beneath the Union Housing and City Affairs Ministry.
In December 2020, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had laid the inspiration stone of the brand new Parliament constructing.
Key Options Of The New Parliament Constructing:
- In-built an space of 64,500 sq. metres, the brand new constructing may have a grand Structure Corridor to showcase India’s democratic heritage, a lounge for members of Parliament, a library, a number of committee rooms, eating areas, and ample parking house.
- The brand new Parliament constructing has three most important gates, which have been named as Gyan Dwar, Shakti Dwar, and Karma Dwar, IANS reported citing sources.
- The constructing may have separate entrances for MPs, VIPs, and guests, IANS additional reported.
- Within the new constructing, the Lok Sabha chamber may have a seating capability of 888 members, whereas Rajya Sabha may have 384 seats for members.
- The Lok Sabha chamber may have the choice to extend its sitting capability to 1,224 members throughout joint periods.
- The brand new Parliament constructing may have portraits of Mahatma Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru, Subhas Chandra Bose and likewise of different prime ministers of the nation.
- A portrait of polymath Kautilya is discovered to have been put in within the constructing together with a mannequin of the wheel of Konark’s Solar Temple
- Tata Tasks has constructed the constructing at an estimated price of Rs 970 crore, in line with IANS.