On the backside of the desk, Wales and Italy will battle it out for the picket spoon with the Azzurri the most definitely recipients having misplaced to Warren Gatland’s facet in Rome.
A shock win for them over Scotland within the closing spherical may carry them off the foot of the desk, nonetheless, assuming France beat Wales in Paris.
Listed below are the permutations for the ultimate weekend of the championship.
Eire win the Six Nations if …
- They beat England, which might additionally safe them a Grand Slam
- If Eire draw with England
- If Eire get a dropping bonus-point and France fail to safe a strive bonus-point in a win over Wales
- France draw with Wales
- France lose to Wales
France will win the Six Nations if …
- They safe a try-bonus level win and Eire lose with no bonus-point
Eire and France may find yourself on the identical factors if…
- Eire lose and France win with neither group getting any bonus-points, which would go away either side on 19 factors
- Eire lose however safe a bonus-point and France win with a bonus-point, which would go away either side on 20 factors
On this state of affairs, Eire and France can be ordered by factors distinction. The Irish go into the ultimate spherical with a 20-point benefit, nonetheless.
If the 2 groups finish on the identical variety of factors and the identical factors distinction, the variety of tries scored would determine the Championship. If the variety of tries scored can also be degree, Eire and France can be positioned equally and share the title.
Spherical 5 fixtures
Saturday, March 18
Scotland vs Italy, 12.30pm, at BT Murrayfield (BBC)
France vs Wales, 2.45pm, at Stade de France (ITV)
Ireland vs England, 5pm, at Aviva Stadium (ITV)