New Delhi: India is celebrating 73rd Republic Day on Wednesday. It was on at the present time — January 26, 1950 — that India turned a republic and the Indian Structure got here into drive two months after being adopted by the Constituent Meeting on November 26, 1949.
The preamble to the Structure declares India as a sovereign, socialist, secular and democratic republic that goals to safe justice, liberty, equality to all residents, and promote fraternity.
Dr Bhim Rao Ambedkar is considered the daddy of the Structure of India.
Listed here are some fascinating details concerning the Indian Structure.
- The Structure of India is the longest on this planet.
- The Constituent Meeting of India, which was established in 1946, was tasked with the job of drafting the Structure for Impartial India.
- Dr Rajendra Prasad, who turned the primary President of India, was the President of the Constituent Meeting, whereas Ambedkar headed the drafting committee.
- The Constituent Meeting took two years, 11 months and 18 days to finish the duty because it held 11 periods over a period of 165 days.
- Throughout deliberations on the draft Structure, a complete of seven,635 amendments had been tabled, of which the Constituent Meeting moved, mentioned and disposed of as many as 2,473.
- The Structure was adopted on 26 November, 1949 and the unique doc was signed by 284 members of Parliament.
- It’s mentioned that it was drizzling outdoors on that day, and it was seen as an indication of a great omen.
- The Constituent Meeting ceased to exist on January 26, 1950, because the Structure of India got here into drive. It remodeled into the Provisional Parliament of India till a brand new Parliament was constituted in1952.
- India’s Structure is thought to have borrowed a few of its options from 10 different nations. They’re Britain, USA, Japan, Eire, South Africa, Australia, Germany and Canada.
- The unique Structure is a hand-written doc, one of many world’s longest hand-written paperwork. The English model has a complete of 1,17,369 phrases.
- The hand-written copies are actually preserved in helium-filled cases within the Parliament Home Library.
- The forty second modification act of 1976, enacted throughout Emergency, noticed addition of the phrase, “socialist”, to the preamble. That was the one time the preamble has been amended thus far.