Home NewsAsia West Bengal Suspends Direct Flights From UK To Kolkata From Jan 3 As Omicron Cases Rise

West Bengal Suspends Direct Flights From UK To Kolkata From Jan 3 As Omicron Cases Rise

by admin

New Delhi: In view of the surge in Omicron circumstances the world over and the nation, the West Bengal authorities has determined to quickly droop all direct flights coming from the UK to Kolkata from January 3 until additional orders, stated officers.

Based on an announcement issued by the federal government, all flights from ‘at-risk’ international locations (notified by Authorities of India) may even not be allowed within the state.

The assertion reads, “All passengers coming from non-risk international locations must mandatorily bear Covid check on arrival (Airline to pick 10% of the full passengers for RT-PCR check and the remaining 90% to bear RAT check on arrival).”

In the meantime, contemporary Covid-19 circumstances in West Bengal during the last 24 hours have crossed the 1,000-mark – first time within the final 177 days.

As per the most recent knowledge of the state well being division, the variety of contemporary circumstances in Bengal is 1,089 with 4 districts, together with Kolkata, Howrah and North and South 24 Parganas recording greater than 80% of infections.

Based on the info, of 1,089 circumstances, 540 have been reported in Kolkata, 145 in North 24 Parganas, 79 in South 24 Parganas and 60 in Howrah during the last 24 hours.

The state additionally reported 12 fatalities within the time interval, stated the well being division.

Along with that, Bengal recorded 11 new Omicron circumstances to this point of which 5 have no journey historical past.

“That is much more alarming as a result of if the persons are contaminated by Omicron who have no journey historical past, then there’s a chance of group unfold. We try contact tracing to know the explanation behind the unfold,” a senior well being division official stated.

The state well being division has been gearing as much as meet the challenges of the attainable third wave of Covid-19. In a notification, it has requested all involved to step up Covid testing to no less than 40,000 per day.

Well being consultants are of the opinion that quick unfold of the virus is a significant concern. Based on them, round 30,000 to 35,000 individuals can get contaminated per day inside a brief span.

In the meantime, a Civil Aviation Ministry official on West Bengal’s resolution to droop flights from UK stated that well being is a state topic and as per the Covid protocols and pointers issued by the Central Authorities contemplating the state of affairs in a specific state, states are free to take a name on such issues.

httpspercent3Apercent2Fpercent2Fnews.abplive.compercent2Fnewspercent2Fwest-bengal-suspends-direct-flights-from-uk-to-kolkata-from-jan-3-as-omicron-cases-rise-1503190

You may also like

Leave a Comment